Modern Architecture Style, Latest architectural style that emerged in many Western Countries in the decade after World War I. It was based on the “rational” use of modern materials, the principles of functionalist planning, and the rejection of historical precedent and ornament. This style has been generally designated as modern architecture style, although the labels International style, Neue Sachlichkeit, and functionalism have also been used. Modern architecture style or modernist architecture style is a term applied to an overarching movement, with its exact definition and scope varying widely. The term is often applied to modernist movements at the turn of the 20th century, with efforts to reconcile the principles underlying architectural design style with rapid technological advancement and the modernization of society.
Modern Architecture Style
Let’s Check quick key features of modern architecture style:
1. Rectangular forms, often with round projections
2. Flat roof
3. Lack of ornamentation or decorative details
4. Ribbon windows
5. Curtain walls of glass
6. Cantilevered projections
7. Smooth wall surfaces
8. Asymmetrical facade
Basic themes of modern architecture style include:
- Simplicity and clarity of forms and elimination of “unnecessary detail”
- Materials at 90 degrees to each other.
- The notion that “Form follows function“, a dictum originally expressed by Frank Lloyd Wright’s early mentor Louis Sullivan, meaning that the result of design should derive directly from its purpose.
- Particularly in International Style modernism, a visual emphasis on horizontal and vertical lines.
- Visual expression of structure (as opposed to the hiding of structural elements).
- Use of industrially-produced materials; adoption of the machine aesthetic.
- The related concept of “Truth to materials”, meaning that the true nature or natural appearance of a material ought to be seen rather than concealed or altered to represent something else.
Some Fine Examples (This is Just a Drop out of Sea of Creativity) :
Check some more Threads,…..
- Modern Architecture of Faena House.
- 3mt. Above Modern Architecture of S House.
- Modern Industrial Architecture creates a bold industrial Sculpture.
- Xi’an Office Building Design Architecture.
- Transport Terminal Architecture of Rotterdam Central Station.
- Summer Retreat Modern Design actually Built back in 1967.
The term Modern architecture style may be used to differentiate from Classical architecture following Vitruvian ideals, while it is also applied to various contemporary architecture styles such as Postmodern, High-tech or even New Classical, depending on the context. In art history, the revolutionary and neoclassical styles that evolved around 1800 are also called modern architecture style.