Architecture of Federation Towers Moscow Russia is one of top ten tallest buildings in Europe. The Moscow IBC is expected to become the first zone in Russia to combine business activity, living space and entertainment in one single development. The Moscow government first conceived the project in 1992.
An estimated 250,000 – 300,000 people will be working in, living in, or visiting the complex at any given time. In order to manage the project a public company CITY was created in 1992 which is responsible for overseeing the first creation and development of Moscow City as well as its subsequent exploitation.
Architecture of Federation Towers Moscow Russia
CITY is also a general contractor and both landlord and lessor. Overall responsibility for the architectural planning and design of Moscow City belongs to the architectural studio No. 6, which is a part of the large Moscow practice Mosproject-2 named after Mikhail Vasilyevich Posokhin.
I would like to put some architectural fact file and detail of Federation Towers Moscow.
Federation Towers – Vostok – Moscow
- Official Name – Federation Towers – Vostok Tower
- Complex Name – Federation Towers
- Other Name – Federation Towers – East Tower
- Type – building
- Status – Under Construction
- Country – Russia
- Building Function – residential / hotel / office
- Structural Material – concrete
- Start of Construction – 2005
- Completion – 2016
Technical Fact File
- Height (architectural) – 360.0 meter / 1181 feet
- Height (Occupied ) – 347.0 meter / 1138 feet
- Height (To Tip) – 360.0 meter / 1181 feet
- Floors Above Ground – 93 nos.
- Floors Below Ground – 4 nos.
- Tower GFA – 207000 mÂ² / 2 228129 ftÂ²
- Elevators – 12 nos.
Involved Companies and Agency
- Developers – “Mirax Group – Nazvanie.net”
- Architects – “nps+partner – Schweger Associated Architects”
- Structural Engineer – Thornton Tomasetti
- Main Contractors – “ENKA – Turner Construction”
- Wind – RWDI
- Not Specified – ThyssenKrupp
- Elevator – Schindler
This group, headed by Gennadiy Lvovich Sirota, who is officially the Chief Architect of Moscow City, is in charge of overseeing the design of the complex and agreeing the details of each project. Each and every building lot has its own investor and architect.
The construction of the Moscow IBC is taking place on the Presnenskaya embankment of the Moscow River about 4 kilometers (2.5 mi) west of Red Square, and just east of the Third Ring Road.
The project occupies an area of 60 hectares, the territory chosen being the only area in central Moscow that can accommodate such a project. Before construction began, the area represented an old stone quarry where most of the buildings were old factories and industrial complexes that had been closed or abandoned.
The total cost of the project is estimated at $12 billion.
Know more about Vertical Developments:
- Shipping Container Homes Skyscraper.
- Vertical Green Tower Housing.
- High-Tech Super Tall Building.
- Namaste Tower Detail.
- The Pole Star.
So, Friends this is all about architectural facts and features of Federation Towers Moscow.